Later this month, I will be attending a week long learning retreat called Boundless Compassion. The week includes one day of training to facilitate this program to my clients. There will be four, one-day sessions on the following:
- Compassion as a Way of Life
- Compassion for Self
- Compassion for Others
- Compassion in Loss & Suffering
This is an ongoing journey to deepen my understanding of compassion, collaborating with others to bring compassion to our community (business, education, faith communities and neighbors), and bringing consciousness to my business clients of how compassion directly impacts their culture, staff productivity, and sustainability.
A simple definition of compassion is the act of taking responsibility for and care for each other. This responsibility extends to how we treat one another, alleviating suffering of others, from moving from ego-centric to person-centric, and to honor everyone with respect and justice. This is a compelling challenge to be compassionate in our lives and workplaces. Imagine if we increased by 1% the human energy of compassion in our world, the difference it would make in lessening suffering of people, valuing human beings, and unleashing creative synergy to solve the problems of our world.
I invite you to be on this journey of compassion with me. You can do so by taking the following action:
- Become familiar with the Charter for Compassion, which provides an umbrella for people to engage in collaborative partnerships worldwide. If you are a business, there is a specific section on the Charter’s website that speaks to the role business plays in supporting the global movement for compassion.
- If you are located in central Iowa, join with others Compassion Iowa, organized by a volunteer group in central Iowa which I am a member of. We are passionate about seeing our communities thrive together through compassion and caring. We are hosting a Compassion Week, September 24-30, 2018, whereby your organization can engage in acts of compassion. Please visit our Facebook page to learn how your organization can be an active participant during that week.
- If you would like to receive periodic articles and my personal reflections on compassion through September, please fill in the form on this page.
Thank you for being on this compassion journey with me.